Let’s face it: No matter what you do for a living, no matter where you live and no matter how good your training and nutrition protocols may be, the fact of the matter is that stress affects us all. Day in, day out, there are various factors that can impact our health, well-being, mood and ability to recover from not just training, but everyday life as a whole.
Often overlooked, your stress levels can impact your body composition, mood, energy levels and overall state of health and if left unchecked, can lead to undesirable fat gain, uneven moods, always feeling run down and tired and plain just not being yourself.
Dragon Pharma Stress Daily Rx has been formulated to address all of these issues head on. Featuring scientific research supported ingredients, Dragon Pharma Stress Daily Rx is designed to mitigate stress naturally by regulating cortisol levels, optimizing hormone levels including testosterone and promoting a relaxed but highly alert mental state.
The result? Better composition meaning more lean muscle and less fat, less mental stress and an overall improved sense of wellbeing and vitality Ɨ
Anthraquinone compound isolated from Polygorum capsidatum (Japanes Knotweed)
Research has shown that it acts as an 11β-HSD1 inhibitor; This is important as this enzyme is located on liver and fat cells and is responsible for the conversion of cortisone (inactive glucocorticoid) into cortisol (active form)1
Studies have shown that it can inhibit this enzyme by up to 46% in fat cells, meaning that cortisol production is cut in nearly half; This translates to less body fat, less insulin resistance and increased insulin sensitivity2
Withania somnifera (as Shoden®)
Clinically tested, purified extract from the leaves and the roots of Ashwagandha plant; Contains 35% Withanolide Glycosides
Shown to have high bioavailability with significant levels of Withanolide Glycosides remaining in blood after 6+ hours; Full-spectrum Withanolide bioactives
Adaptogen; Shown to aid in mimicking the body’s own stress reducing hormones and increase ability to recover from stress while creating feeling of balance and normalization3
Clinically shown to offer potent anxiolytic effects related to chronic stress and anxiety4
Research has shown that Ashwagandha can decrease cortisol by up to 27.9% in otherwise healthy but stressed humans5
Shown in research to promote healthy aging by increasing DHEA-S and testosterone levels naturally6
Patented, pure form of the amino acid L-Theanine; Produced via process that mimics the natural process that occurs in green tea leaves, resulting in a pure L-isomer-theanine
Research shows increases in Alpha brain waves with decreases in Beta brain waves; Indicates more mental alertness with relaxation but without causing sedation7
Shown to work well with stimulatory ingredients such as caffeine as it can ‘take the edge’ or anxiety aspect away when paired; Additionally this combination has been shown to be beneficial for improving performance on cognitively demanding tasks8
Shown to be safe based on a variety of toxicology and efficacy studies; Has been consumed in dietary supplements since 1994 with no indication of adverse reactions or contraindications; Received GRAS Affirmation in 2007 from the US FDA.
Black Pepper Extract
Increases the bioavailability of other ingredients and increases time active in system by downregulating enzymes9
Shown to increase absorption by slowing intestinal transit rate and thus prolonging the time said compounds are exposed to the potential uptake10
Inhibits glucuronidation in the liver, a process that attaches a molecule (glucuronide) to drugs to signal for their urinary excretion. This is a natural process that safeguards the body from too high of levels of drugs and supplements, but on the downside, it inhibits all uptake and renders some supplements useless.11
1. Yilong L. Biological Activities of Extracts from Loquat (Eriobotrya japonica Lindl.): A Review. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(12):1983. doi:10.3390/ijms17121983
2. Sung B. Loquat leaf extract enhances myogenic differentiation, improves muscle function and attenuates muscle loss in aged rats. Int J Mol Med. 2015;36(3). doi:10.3892/ijmm.2015.2286
3. Young HC. Effect of Loquat Leaf Extract on Muscle Strength, Muscle Mass, and Muscle Function in Healthy Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blinded, and Placebo-Controlled Trial. Evid Based Complement Altern Med. 2016;4301621. doi:10.1155/2016/4301621
4. He X. Protective role of apigenin in cisplatin-induced renalinjury. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;789:215-221. doi:10.1016/j.ejphar.2016.07.003
5. Leyva-Lopez N. Flavonoids as Cytokine Modulators: A Possible Therapy for Inflammation-Related Diseases. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17(6). doi:10.3390/ijms17060921
6. Jang YJ. Apigenin enhances skeletal muscle hypertrophy and myoblast differentiation by regulating Prmt7. Oncotarget. 2017;8(45):78300-78311. doi:10.18632/oncotarget.20962
7. Chang T. Effect of ginsenosides on glucose uptake in human Caco-2 cells is mediated through altered Na+/glucose cotransporter 1 expression. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55(5):1993-1998. doi:10.1021/jf062714k
8. Lee S. Astragaloside II promotes intestinal epithelial repair by enhancing L-arginine uptake and activating the mTOR pathway. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1).doi:10.1038/s41598-017-12435-y
9. Wang H. Bioactivity enhancement of herbal supplements by intestinal microbiota focusing on ginsenosides. Am J Chin Med. 2011;39(6):1103-1115. doi:10.1142/S0192415X11009433
As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving (1 capsule) daily with a meal.